Preschool Teacher (Beginning June 2024)
Apply today to work at the Best Private School in Hampton Roads! Join our team and work with incredible students, parents, guardians, and colleagues. We are a school where professional integrity, teacher autonomy in instructional matters, and honor before honors are core components of our community.
The Williams Preschool is a year-round program for three and four year olds. Our program features an innovative, student-centered, problem and project based curriculum where art and music are at the heart of our program.
Plan and provide for appropriate learning experiences for students that challenge, engage, and inspire all students. Provide a learning environment that supports the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of all students. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with parents, guardians, colleagues, and our community. Supervise students in a variety of school related settings. Monitor and evaluate student outcomes. Communicate and interact with students, parents, guardians, staff, and community. Develop, select, and modify instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Maintain appropriate records and follow required procedures and practices. Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
Send your resume to Head of School, Dr. Kelly A. Hedrick at [email protected]
Preschool Teacher Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to develop activities that are fun and educational for young children
- Ability to instruct young children in rules of conduct and learning new tasks
- Ability to select the appropriate teaching method and adapt to children’s learning styles
- Ability to effectively communicate with children and parents
- Proficient active listening skills to understand and adapt to the various needs of children and parents
- Patience and compassion suitable for working with young children
- Certification from a national organization preferred
- Prior experience working in Child Care
- Up to date immunizations
- Must pass a background check
- Strong knowledge of educational techniques and methods for teaching young children
- Patient and supportive approach to the learning process
- Enthusiastic and encouraging
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to stand and move around for long hours at a time while teaching